Frozen mixed vegetables are a game changer when it comes to preparing dinner quick and easy, with the least amount of dirty dishes. Regardless of what type of camp gear you have, veggies are easy to make, provide nutrients needed to refuel your body, and can be used as either the main dish or a side. We had this plant based meal after black bean soup, and were completely satisfied!
- Frozen mixed vegetables (I used Asian Stir-Fry)
-Two cubed sweet potatoes
-Seasoning of choice
- Separately wrap cubed sweet potatoes and mixed vegetables in aluminum foil. Using a metal bowl covered with aluminum foil works as well.
- Place sweet potatoes on rack over fire. If your fire doesn't have a rack, you can place them in the coals.
- After 20 minutes add mixed vegetables to fire.
- If you have a burner: Remove sweet potatoes and vegetables from fire, add seasoning of choice, and finish sautéing on a skillet over the burner.
If you do not have a burner: Remove sweet potatoes and vegetables from fire, add seasoning of choice, and return to fire until finished cooking.