Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Trail Cookies
I've been baking for years. I always loved looking through my mom's cookbook, picking out a recipe and gathering all the ingredients. As I got older and began making healthy substitutions, I stopped following these recipes and started creating my own. I find that most days when I go to create something new, I prefer throwing together whatever I think will taste good and hope for the best. Most of the time this unconventional method yields pretty tasty results!
A few weeks ago some hikers offered us protein cookies mid-trail, and a lightbulb went off. Why had I never made these?! These have good protein, carbs, and a bit of chocolate!
- 2.5 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Pea Protein Powder
- 1/3 Cup Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Raisins
- Cinnamon to taste
- Nutmeg to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Agave Sweetener
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Ripe Banana Mashed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine dry ingredients: Oats, Pea Protein Powder, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Baking Soda
- Blend Sweetener, Applesauce, Mashed Banana, Almond Milk and mix in with dry ingredients
- Fold in Chocolate Chips and Raisins
- Form into balls and place on lined baking sheet. Bake 11-13 minutes.