Sounds healthy? Sounds kind of weird? Sounds…delicious? All three!
Avocado is a great base for rich, creamy dishes. It not only adds a moist texture, but is FULL of good fats and nutrients. Paired with some good quality dark chocolate, you won’t even miss the cholesterol and animal products!
- 300g dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Hass avocados
- ½ cup sweetener (I used agave syrup)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs / egg replacers**
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup flour of choice
** I used Neat Egg egg replacer for the firm time, and love it! It’s a blend of ground chickpeas and chia seeds. Chia seeds + water works great as well!
Once you've gathered all of your ingredients, it's time to bake!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes:
1. Preheat oven to 400° F
2. Line or coat a 9 x 13 pan
3. Blend avocados in a food processor / blender until smooth and set aside
4. Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth
** I used a glass bowl over simmer water
5. Combine dark chocolate/ coconut oil mixture with the avocado, sweetener and vanilla until smooth
6. Add egg replacers one at a time, combining thoroughly before adding the next.
7. Stir in unsweetened cocoa powder and flour of choice until thoroughly combined.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 12-15 minutes
9. Top with powdered sugar and enjoy!
These turned out rich, creamy and delicious. Bring these to a potluck, and no one would know they're dairy-free, egg-free, and made without any refined sugars! For added sweetness top with your favorite frosting or fresh berries!
Reference recipes: http://www.frugalmomeh.com/2016/04/avocado-brownies.html